In 2005, when I used to be 10 years outdated, a child from my group was once endure hugging a fallen tree trunk that bridged throughout our creek and yelled, “I higher now not see this on YouTube!”
That was once the primary time I’d ever heard of YouTube. And it surely wasn’t the ultimate time I’d pay attention about it. YouTube has skilled explosive development because it was once based in an place of business storage in 2005. Only one yr after its inception, it was once attracting greater than 65,000 new video uploads and 100 million video perspectives in step with day. A few months later, the high-growth startup was once received for over $1 billion via a titan within the tech trade — Google.
Since then, YouTube has spread out avenues for manufacturers to promote it on their movies and, in flip, let content material creators earn cash simply by making movies. This possible for monetization has incentivized content material creators to craft essentially the most attractive movies imaginable and host them at the platform, which has enabled YouTube to grow to be the second one maximum trafficked site and the second one biggest seek engine on the earth.
As a video marketer, you already understand how the most important construction a YouTube presence is for reinforcing your movies’ and logo’s visibility. However when you simply began your logo’s YouTube channel or want some assist convincing your boss to double down for your YouTube efforts, we’ve were given you coated.
Take a look at those 51 stats in regards to the platform’s cell utilization, its demographics, subscriber development, common utilization, and historical past that let you construct your YouTube following or convince your boss to center of attention extra of your efforts at the video platform.
51 YouTube Stats Each and every Video Marketer Will have to Know in 2019
What’s the most-watched video on YouTube?
2. “Despacito” via Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has gained over five.96 billion perspectives in a bit of over two years.
YouTube Cellular Stats
four. On cell gadgets on my own, YouTube reaches extra adults elderly 18-49 right through high time than any cable community does in a median week.
five. 75% of adults file gazing YouTube on their cell gadgets.
6. Greater than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cell gadgets.
7. YouTube cell commercials are 84% much more likely to carry consideration than TV commercials.
eight. Over 50,000 years of product evaluate movies were watched on cell gadgets during the last two years.
nine. In 2018, YouTube was once the most well liked IOS app.
YouTube Demographics Stats
10. Over 90% of 18-44 yr outdated American web customers watch movies on YouTube.
11. Over part of American web customers who’re elderly 75 and over watch movies on YouTube.
12. Over 50% of YouTube’s target audience is feminine.
13. 59% of Era Z (16-24-year-olds) have greater their YouTube utilization since ultimate yr.
14. 46% of millennials (25-34-year-olds) have greater their YouTube utilization since ultimate yr.
15. 70% of millennial YouTube customers watched a YouTube video to learn to do one thing new or know about one thing they’re interested by.
16. 15.eight% of YouTube customers are from the USA.
17. YouTube draws essentially the most guests from the USA, India, Japan, Russia, and China.
18. YouTube is to be had in additional than 91 international locations.
19. YouTube is to be had in 80 other languages.
YouTube Subscriber Expansion Stats
20. The collection of channels with greater than 1 million subscribers greater via greater than 75% since 2017.
21. The collection of YouTubers who earn six figures in step with yr has greater via greater than 40% since 2017.
22. The collection of YouTubers who earn 5 figures in step with yr has greater via greater than 50% since 2017.
23. The highest ten YouTubers earned 42% extra earnings in 2018 in comparison to 2017.
24. PewDiePie is the most well liked YouTube channel, with 85 million subscribers.
25. The most well liked branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 7.1 million subscribers and has gained over eight.7 billion perspectives.
YouTube Utilization Stats
26. YouTube is the sector’s 2nd biggest seek engine.
27. YouTube is the second one maximum trafficked site at the back of Google.
28. YouTube customers jointly watch over 46,000 years of content material each and every yr.
29. 68% of YouTube customers watched a video to assist them make a purchase order resolution.
30. 80% of YouTube customers who watched a video to assist them make a purchase order resolution mentioned they watched the video at first of the buying groceries procedure.
31. 95% of the most well liked YouTube movies are tune movies.
32. 47% of on-demand tune streaming was once listened to on YouTube.
33. There are two times as many small- and medium-sized companies promoting on YouTube since 2016.
34. 4 occasions as many of us favor gazing video on YouTube fairly than on social media platforms.
35. YouTube customers watch greater than 180 million hours of content material on TV displays each day.
36. YouTube customers are 3 times much more likely to favor gazing a YouTube educational video in comparison to studying the product’s directions.
37. “Enjoyable” and “feeling entertained” are the highest two causes audience watch YouTube.
38. Leisure movies like cleaning soap slicing and slime taking part in skilled a 70% build up in watch time in 2018.
39. Comedy, tune, leisure/popular culture, and “easy methods to” are the 4 most well liked content material classes on YouTube.
YouTube Historical past Stats
40. “YouTube.com” was once activated on February 14, 2005.
41. “Me on the zoo” was once the primary video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
42. Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion on October nine, 2006.
43. YouTube introduced InVideo commercials in December 2007.
44. YouTube streamed the USA presidential debates for the primary time in 2012.
45. The youngest YouTuber is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 7-year outdated boy who makes $11 million a yr and has 18.2 million subscribers.
46. “Gangnam Taste”’s surge in reputation broke the video’s view counter.
47. YouTube supplies a loose house in Los Angeles the place YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers can be told, attach, and create movies with each and every different.
48. The primary YouTube video that reached 1,000,000 perspectives was once a 2005 Nike advert that featured soccer celebrity, Ronaldinho.
49. The YouTube video that gained essentially the most perspectives in 24 hours is Ariana Grande’s “Thank U, Subsequent” tune video, which attracted 55.four million perspectives in one day.
50. Essentially the most favored video on YouTube is the tune video for the tune “Despacito” via Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee. It has gained over 31.96 million likes and boasts an 89.25% like share.
51. YouTube’s personal YouTube Rewind 2018 video is essentially the most disliked video at the platform. It has gained over 16 million dislikes and owns an 86.53% dislike share.
(serve as() (window._fbq = ); if (!_fbq.loaded) _fbq.push([‘addPixelId’, ‘770933992942418’]); )(); window._fbq = window._fbq || ; window._fbq.push([‘track’, ‘PixelInitialized’, ]);